Tuesday, February 9, 2010

High Maintenance = Lots of ultrasounds!

A few weeks ago I had a migraine that was SO bad that my doctor thought I was having a stroke. After being rushed to the ER just to wait for hours and be sent home, referred to a neurologist and then the next day have an MRI and echo and blood tests like you wouldn't believe, all to prove that it really was just a migraine. Pregnancies are COMPLICATED!

As a result of one of my blood tests coming back abnormal; my OBGYN thought I had potential to be Protein S deficient. Which means that my blood may clot causing all kinds of problems even miscarriage. So she sent me to a high risk doctor today...

They told me everything was fine. I'm not high risk and the baby looks great! We got to see the baby on ultrasound. When we started the ultrasound the baby was looking right at us and sitting indian style. lol After some measurements and finally the baby moving around, we now know what we're having! But, I'll have to post that later tonight with new pictures, all the fam doesn't know yet.

But I say all of this to say that even though it's a pain in the you know what to have to go to so many different doctors, have so many tests done, and all the running around and scheduling and all that crap; it's been great to see our baby so many times! We get to have another ultrasound at my OBGYN's on March 5th and then another one on March 24th as a follow up at the High Risk Doctor. :o) Today makes ultrasound number 4 :o)

I'm also very thankful for the technology and the cautiousness my doctor's are using. It puts me at ease.

Pictures and Announcement to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment